Remove Built-In Volume-Limitation.
– Click On The “Headset” Image (SmartAudio)
Full Step-By-Step Instructions:
– You are using Lenovo/IBM brand Laptop [mine is Lenovo X220]
– You are using a
Conexant sound-controller (- “card”) [mine is
Conexant 20672 SmartAudio HD].
– Your driver’s installation folder is
1. Start SmartAudio Application.
option #3: [Windows Key]+[R Key],
"C:\Program Files\Conexant\SAII\SmartAudio.exe", [Enter Key].
2. Click the headphone-image to disable the limitation.
3. click [Accept]
Do You Want Even More Juice ???
5. Drag volume-bar up.
6. click the equalizer image
7. click the headphones image, the right icon (custom-set), raise all the volume-bars up
8. click the speaker image, and do the same thing again..
C:\Windows\System32\SndVol.exe, raise the all of the volume-bars up.
Even More Juice ???
10. [Windows Key] + [R], run:
"C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe" Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,,playback.
11. right-click, properties
12. on Enhancements tab, check-on the “Loudness Equalization”, wish to adjust the loudness? click “Settings” and move the bar to the max.
(there are also some *sweet* stuff there such as “Room-Correction”, “Bass-Boost” and other stuff that might be audio-wise beneficial.. try and comment ;) )
What? Even More Juice ???
13. Use a 3rd-party video/audio player that supports an equalizer or audio-boost (almost everyone would..).
14. Media-Player Classic (Available as part of the wonderful K-Lite Codec-Pack or or as separate download).
Media-Player Classic: boost volume using the internal-audio-codec-rendering:
– access option-menu
– use internal-codecs rendering
– set volume-boost (maximum value is 300% !)
– max-out volume
15. Winamp’s equalizer (supports additional audio pre-amp of up to 12-decibel !)
16. VideoLan (a.k.a VLC)
supports volume boost up to 200% which can be adjust manually
or by set to 200% by default for every session (accessed through “options”-“audio”)